Premium WordPress Themes Forums Digrand – Portfolio And Blog Theme Responsiveness for Ale-Slider

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

maxlaroche
      Participant

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the ale-slider:

1) How can I change the speed of ale-slider, so the images can:

a. Move faster.

b. Change faster.

2) Is there a way to reduce the size of the images in ale-slider for mobile usage? I was able to manage pretty well the Home Page settings for any content inside the Home Page BUT I cannot find where I can manage the size of the ale-slider images in the Header so they look good when using a phone or a tablet in portrait format.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Regards

Max

OwlThemes
      Keymaster

Hello Max.

1) We will update the theme soon. You should update ale slider plugin to the version 1.4.1. It will add the possibility to change slider settings via filters. For changing the speed you can add this code to your child’s theme function.php file.

add_filter('ale_slider_settings', function ($args){
         $args['autoplaySpeed'] = 500; //autoplay speed in ms
         return $args;
      });

2) Images in the slider are set as backgrounds. They fit all available space of the slide. So to reduce their size you can reduce some paddings around the slide. For example, you can add this CSS code.

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px)  {
          body.home .info_block .text_block { padding: 30px 0; }
      }

Best regards.

OwlThemes
      Keymaster

Please download and update the theme.
      Thank you

maxlaroche
      Participant

Hello,

By all means, your service is great! You answer back very fast and it is well appreciated.

I’ m sorry but I don’t quite understand your above message. I’m mixed up.

First, my Theme version is Digrand Version : 1.7.0. I went to Theme Forest and upload the new version 1.7.1. When I try to upgrade, my site rejects it as it already exits. Would it be possible for you to make the Version 1.7.1 be available for automated upgrade – that would make life easier and the system would not reject it. It is normal procedures I believe. Thank you. That would allow me to use the slider spped as mentioned in your new version 1.7.1:
      <h2 id=”item-description__version-1-7-1-07-09-2019″ style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 30px 0px 20px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: #545454; font-weight: inherit; font-size: 20px; line-height: 30px; border-bottom: 1px solid #d4d4d4; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>Version 1.7.1 (07/09/2019)</h2>
      <pre style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: 19px; font-family: Monaco, ‘Courier New’, ‘DejaVu Sans Mono’, ‘Bitstream Vera Sans Mono’, monospace; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; overflow-wrap: break-word; background-color: whitesmoke; background-image: linear-gradient(#f5f5f5 50%, #e6e6e6 50%); background-size: 38px 38px; border: 1px solid #d4d4d4; overflow: visible hidden; padding: 0px 0px 0px 4px;”>- Add slider speed option
      – Set blog posts date format from default WordPress settings
      – Add date format option to the “Latest Blog Posts” widget
      – Fixed translation string “back” text for menu
      Second, I don’t quite understand your answer on the image size. I tried using the css code provided (on the theme personalization – Add CSS code) but it does not change the phone or tablet view for the ale-slide images. Images are not reduced based on the screen size. Is there something I do wrong or what? Would there be a possibility to automatically reduce the image (slider) size to fit a mobile screen?

I thank you in advance.

Kindest Regards,

Max

OwlThemes
      Keymaster

Hello Max. Sorry for the delay.

1. You are right. We’ll update the theme version. Also, we’ll add the Envato market plugin for better updating experience. You’ll get the invention to update ale-slider plugin and to install Envato market plugin in the theme version 1.7.2.
      You can install the
      Envato market plugin by yourself, and you’ll get automate theme updates from it.

2. You did it right. You can try it in another way. Go to Theme Options -> Home Header -> Content Padding for phones (at the bottom) and set it to “30px 0” without quotes (see screenshot). That should work.

Best regards.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.